Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Eggless Whole Wheat Flour (Atta) Cake

I am writing after a very long break....almost after a year. Finally decided let's get started again. Since  I enjoy baking; thought why not start with one of cake recipe!!!! I have been trying to make eggless cakes for several reasons. I have friends who say they want to avoid eggs, all purpose flour for health reasons. Some say cake without eggs don't taste good; think again since this recipe I really found it yummy:-). There are many families who strictly do not take eggs. Posting this for all my friends who want to try their hand in baking cakes without eggs. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
Shilpi thank you so much for encouraging me to write :-)


Ingredients Required
Quantity
Wheat (atta)
1 cup
Fine Semolina (rava)
¼ cup
Milk Powder
½ cup
Oil
½ cup
Brown Sugar
½ cup
Baking Powder
1 tsp
Vanilla Essence
½ tsp
Milk*
½ - ¾ cup
Coke
7 tbsp.


Method of preparation:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C.
2. Mix sugar and oil together so that sugar dissolves completely.
3.Mix all the dry ingredients to the above mixture.
4. Add vanilla essence, milk and coke in the end; blend it well until a smooth mixture forms and there are no  lumps. Make sure the mixture is not too thin nor too thick.
5. Transfer the batter to a 8*8 pan or any desired pan you have for the given quantity.
6. Allow it to bake for 20 to 30 minutes; do check it from time to time since each oven heat settings are    different.
7. Insert with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean, if it does; allow it to cool for 10 minutes and then its  ready to serve. Serve with tea or have it as it is. Enjoy baking :-)

* Milk - use as required at room temperature.
You may add dry fruits like crushed almonds to make it more rich.
I have not used baking soda however if you are keen you may add 1 tsp.

3 comments:

  1. I was asked which milk powder did i use for this recipe- I have used Nestle everyday; you may choose any other milk powder too if it works. Nestle definitely gives good results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rash, will try on sachin's bday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Shweta, do try and let me know if you liked it. Suggestions are welcome:-)

      Delete